Any personal information provided or to be gathered by tech air's website is controlled primarily by tech air and is never passed on to any third parties without your permission.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
• When you order, we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order. This information is gathered in a secure environment - see "How does tech air protect customer information".
• We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. For some international deliveries this number may be given to our couriers.
• When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
• We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
• We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new tech air services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, you may opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• When you are asked for feedback of any kind this is never passed on to any third parties. This information is used specifically for product and service development.
How does tech air protect customer information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Your website is secured using a SSL certficate with up to 256bit encryption on all secure transactions. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
What about "cookies"?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, including placing items in your Shopping Basket and purchasing them.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies in their menu system.
In Internet Explorer select "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and adjust the slider.
In Firefox select "Tools", "Options", "Privacy" and untick "accept cookies from sites".
In Chrome select the "Wrench Icon", "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and select the "Block sites from setting any data" option.
Blocking cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You may delete cookies already stored on your computer.
In Internet Explorer you have to manually delete your coookies.
In Firefox select "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", "Show Cookies", "Remove All Cookies".
In Chrome select the "Wrench Icon", "Settings", "Show advanced settings", "All cookies and site data...", "Remove All".
Deleting cookies may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Will tech air disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Tech air does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies and individuals who will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the UK's Data Protection legislation and our own strict guidelines.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make shopping at tech air's websites as stress free as possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. You can opt out if you never want to receive any announcements or special offers from us. Remember to change your preferences for each of the email accounts you have given us.